Friday 19 April 2013

Continued


Another main feature used during my course was Blogger - a free website which allows people to post blog posts and images. This is a key part of our course as all students have to use this website and post their work electronically so the moderators can view them. Blogger was a helpful website in the creation of my magazine as it allowed us to view each other’s blogs for inspiration and also to view the school blog which is managed by the teachers. On the departmental blog, information about the course, our homework, different power points showing information and links to different peoples blogs are all easily accessible which creates a simpler method to retrieve information – also adding past students blogs allows us to see what marks they got for the standard of work so we knew what to work towards.

This can be accredited by the theorist David Gauntlet who brought the introduction to interactive media (such as online blogs) so that it would help media users and most importantly media students become more creative – recognition that internet and digital media have fundamentally changed the ways in which we engage with all media”. This helped my creative decision making as I was able to use more imaginative decisions based on the feedback I received from my subject teachers and other students in the class. I received critical feedback on my contents page and front cover, as people thought it lacked the conventional features of current music magazines. 

On the whole, this production allowed me carry out creative decisions and to create a piece of work which was on the whole a well-produced piece of work. I also came to the decision that the best publication software is Photoshop – which has a wide range of professional features, which Microsoft Publisher lacks and has a much easier user-interface which has easy to use features.       

No comments:

Post a Comment