Friday 19 April 2013

Digital Technology Skills


I am going to discuss how my digital technology skills contributed to the process of creative decision making whilst creating my AS Level magazine cover. Firstly, in my AS level media course, I created a music magazine. This required me to research and annotates different genres of music magazine and talk about the features and advantages which they had over other magazines. After this part, I chose ‘Rolling Stones’ magazine as my style model and came to the decision that I was going to base my design on this magazine.

Throughout the whole process of designing and making my music magazine covers and article, I used my skills of Photoshop to create a professional and quality looking piece of work. I knew that my skills of Photoshop were somewhat lacking – but I persevered and after the course, I have learnt many skills which will help me in the ancillary tasks I need to carry out in my A Level course. In my spare time, I asked my friend who is a skilled Photoshop user, to teach me some different features and design skills which would benefit me whilst creating the magazine. From my production. I have acquired many different creative skills which I can use in future on Photoshop. Prior to my production, I have only used Photoshop a few times, so when it came to the creative production of the music magazine, I had to get really involved and learn new features. 

No comments:

Post a Comment