Friday 4 May 2012

HOW DOES YOUR MEDIA PRODUCT REPRESENT PARTICULAR SOCIAL GROUPS?

The target audience for my magazine is teenagers and young adults between the ages of 17-25 who enjoy a wide range of music but most specifically rock/rap. As most of my questionnaire results showed, rock was the most popular genre choice. Knowing this, this was the main reason for breaking conventions and targeting my magazine to rock/rap. Another reason was this was my favourite type of music therefore it made it more enjoyable to make. Gender -Although the majority of the males in my questionnaires read magazines, I still thought it would be best to aim it towards both boys and girls to not make it sexist.As it was mostly males who read music magazines I felt putting a boy on my cover might attract more girls to looking at the magazine if it was on a shop shelf.I made my model stand in a neutral stance and not make it look as if he was posing too much. I did this because I didn't want any of the audience being put off by a specific pose. Sexuality - My magazine is not specific to any sexuality; it can be attracted to both males and females. Class - My magazine is aimed at working class mostly, but this does not affect other social classes from reading the magazine.The language used is mostly informal which would suggest it was aimed towards a working/middle class person.

No comments:

Post a Comment