Friday 4 May 2012

Media

Representation of my media product Took photos of Ryan Willis in classroom. He was wearing white shirt, black jumper, grey trousers and black tie. I also took a selection of photo’s standing against a brick wall wearing a white graphic t-shirt but cut out the background. Another selection was taken in the school hall. The majority of my shots were medium shots and some we
re close-up’s. What is being represented? My magazine is for both male and females. I have used a simple colour scheme of black, red and white to keep it simple and for both genders. I have used pictures of males throughout my magazine but I feel that this does not matter as it will attract both genders to the magazine. By including boys in the magazine, girls could be physically attracted and males could take grooming tips. Another reason for having a male on my front cover is it attracts girls to the magazine. I feel that my magazine is aimed towards the ages of 18 and younger as the music genres discussed appeal to this target audience. My magazine is intended to the working/middle class type as it isn’t too sophisticated. I have used high quality images so they stand out to the passing eye and I believe it would catch the eye. How is it represented? Using what codes? Within what genre? It is represented as being a more male dominant magazine, although it is aimed towards both genres. The main genre used within my magazine is rock/rap. Using the colour black also represents a more male dominant magazine, so including the colours red and white evens it out and makes it more equal. I have concentrated on the rock/rap genre as it is the type of music that I am interested in. I have tried to make my magazine look as realistic as possible and I have included the same features that magazine use. Whose representation is it? Whose interests does it reflect? How do you know? My magazine interests people who are attracted to rock/rap music.

No comments:

Post a Comment